Saturday, February 8, 2014

Never Knew Until It Was Over


I never saw it coming
I never knew what hit me
I didn’t hear a thing
I woke up over there

One moment we were talking
I never had a clue
It was over in a flash
The next thing that I knew

I kept asking for the kids
Guess I never had a chance
The last thing that I remember
Watched them work me from above

I had no time to think
One inch and I’d be dead
As suddenly as it started
I must have turned aside

They said it was a miracle
There was nothing I could do
The next minute he was gone
I heard I was going into shock

I awoke to their sirens
She was just here beside me
I must have been unconscious
I tried to stand but fell back down

I was sure that I was dead
It was over before I knew it
Thank god I don’t remember
I thought it was just my leg

All sudden I was flying
I didn’t realize that I was bleeding
I just talked to her this morning
I didn’t even have time to shout

It came out of nowhere
She kept squeezing on my hand
Didn’t know that I was hurt
Never saw it was too late

No comments:

Post a Comment