Friday, June 20, 2014

The Pursuit Of A Programmed Happiness


All men are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights…
Living large on credit cards, speeding by in fancy cars and dressing up like we was like movie stars
Asskissing, backstabbing, shoulderclimbing & downkicking my way to that penthouse office in the sky
It’s like this: a trillion totally selfish & blindly greedy decisions per day optimize our collective future
So it is, in the end truly and most importantly as I must always remember: Only and all just about me

Besides, the free market solves all our problems automagically simply by meeting my vanity demands
So, I only need to go for the gusto, live for today and try to stop & smell the roses along the way
Because Hey! God wants me to prosper: Our mega-church preacher told me so along with 1500 others
Anyways, it does seem that I can only measure my happiness by short-term changes to my net worth

The concerns of others cannot not bind me for I was created to pursue my own individual happiness
Some struggle to save the environment or to solve social problems but I was born to get ahead
And I expect the same from all the corporate entities whose stock is creating my retirement nestegg
I’m not interested in their being socially-responsible either but they must maximize their stock price

Don’t care if it’s coal or dogshit-fired, I just wanna be able to twist that thermostat when I want to
I simply must step over these homeless moochers every day on the way to fulfilling my own destiny
Its like, I have no time to recycle now but when I get really rich I may hire someone to do it for me
I tell ya, my ramtuf hemi pickup makes me feel so gooood when it throws off a smoke cloud real loud

No worry if they fall again for my next investment scam - they can go squeal for another govt bailout
Dont see how this whatever national infrastrcture mess has any bearing on the wishes I need to fulfill
When I want a burger I aint got time ta fuss over that like food animal holocaust suppozedly goin on
But, it is good to know that just keeping to our own wants & needs helps bring us all a better future

So, with stirring patriotic fervor, I strive for new cars, mansions, yachts, servants & a trophy wife
And, staying ahead on these measures assures me that I am winning big on the class warfare front
You see I combine my pursuit of happiness with the socially-Darwinian struggle we must all undertake
And I am grateful to companies that continually bring out new products that spur on my noble pursuit

Luckily, just by fulfilling our implanted marketers dreams we help ensure a brighter future for us all
I don’t get all like neurotic worrying about saving the world - Cause I just need to watch out for me
And yeah, I think my dad died happy…he was talking up his new car just 3 days before he left us
I did have to step on a few faces to get where I am but it was all in joyful, self-centered competition

So, we toast ourselves at fine restaurants and enjoy a fleeting sociopathic sense of self-satisfaction
If it’s new, I want it first. If it’s hot, I want the most expensive. If it’s scarce, I want the most.
And its not just about materialism, crushing the competition on my way up also satisfies me deeply
And don’t forget that my happiness also includes the pursuit of relaxing gasoline-powered recreation

BTW, I’m damn sure that the markets will blindly manage any so-called environmental problems, too
You see, simply by chasing my own implanted needs I really do help to make the world a better place
God bless America and our creator-revealed constitutional right to the pursuit of individual happiness
And, happily, I can look forward to an eternity of vapid wish fulfillment, up there in His paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment