Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I Got Like A Minute Old Guy

Tho I hardly can hear you for the roar of our present, I see you gesture, are you calling my name?
Certainly you might have something to say, so what can you tell me, I’ve got like a minute today
Surely after all of your time, a wisdom remains, or is it just creaking bones and memories that fade
God knows I never dreamed that I should even listen but now I might have learned just enough to ask

What can you tell me I could carry off a bit better than say, a couple handfuls of dripping water
Is the only real difference between us the short times left before we both have departed for good?
Surely there’s more to your life than medications, dietary restrictions and lost forget-me-not lists
So what keeps you going now, day after day? Did you at last distill some wisdom from out of this blur

Now that you finally escaped from the ratrace, please tell me – What is it that I am still working for?
And, have you at last had time to actually determine whether, in fact, you are coming or going
I thought I should ask you, cause sometimes I’ve actually considered that it all may simply be futile
For the older I get the faster my employers write off my little, but wasted, economic usefulness

What do you say - are there still things I need to see, or do you spend all of your time safe in the past
I know it may take a while but please try to get back to me before your kids warehouse you for good
Did you take anything from those who came before you or should I ignore you too, exactly the same
Wait, I think you might have been saying something but with all of our noise, I could not quite copy

Likely you’ve developed some reasonable conclusion regarding your onrushing eternal disappearance
Tell me of the great lessons you take from all of the nonsense pounded ceaselessly into your head
Never needed your advice on living but perhaps you can give me your take on preparing for departure
Wait, let me lean close, for your voice has grown faint, yet it looks as if your lips may still be moving

No comments:

Post a Comment